Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kaynes' Kinkajous are Digital Authors

Stephanie Kaynes is a third grade teacher.  Her students are also using laptops, along with weekly computer lab time to become stronger writers.  According to Ms. Kaynes, "In my class we are focusing on using technology in our Writers Workshop.  I’m a member of a group of teachers in the Central Texas area who are consultants for the National Writing Project which is the only federally funded writing program in the United States. This group, called Digital Is, focuses on using technology as much as possible in our Writers Worskhop. Right now my class is adding writing pieces to a class Wiki in which each student has a page. In the near future my class will start to respond to each other’s writing on the discussion tab of their Wiki page. My goal is that through response and reflection of their own writing, as well as their peers, they in turn will become stronger writers."

No comments:

Post a Comment